Cruising through the UFO list





U.F.O 

Everyone has one.......come on ....you know you do! That (those) pesky patterns that seemed too boring, too difficult at the time, ran out of thread, or you saw something shinier to try instead..... YES THOSE!!

I recently swapped my craft room into the other spare bedroom and while sorting through things I came across a few (ok a LOT) of unfinished pieces. So like a good girl I put them into bags with the pattern and the thread and labelled them nicely with start date, pattern name and thread....then put them nicely into a big plastic see through box...and into the cupboard they went. (well I WAS in the process of moving office. My excuse and I am sticking to it!)

I then went through all my tatting bits ad pieces and catalogued them. One piece stumped me and I went off on a complete non office moving tangent to try and identify it.




Turns out it was a piece from way back in 2006. A square doily by Toni Storer published in the NSW Guild Newsletter in 2005. It was a piece to help practice split rings and chains but could also be done in separate rounds. I had started it when Susanne, Ginny, Toni and I went to visit Maureen in Brisbane but never finished. WHY? because it was in Altin Basak thread and I had run out! (thank you tatting diary).

I located the pattern and decided to start it again. A couple of friends thought it would be nice to do as a tat along. I am in the process of contacting Toni to see if she is ok with that idea. Will post the pattern as soon as I get her go ahead.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deceptive patterns

Motif 8??