Land of Laces Hearts

Quite a while ago I found a picture online of a really cute heart based doily so I thought I had better track it down and give it a go.

I had bought a job lot of Cordonnet Special and had a huge stash of red thread....PERFECT!

Lovely doily but for me it has been a pain to make. The original pattern had 5 repeats in the centre but that didn't join up and sit for me very well so I did it as 6. Everyone tats differently!

The row of hearts for the outside is done as a separate round then connected to the main body of the work with a connecting row. That is not so hard but the hearts twisted all over the place as I tatted them and trying to make sure there were no twists in it when I did the final row was....well let's say it just gave me a headache LOL. Thank goodness for coiless safety pins!

I think a trick to keeping it all straight might be to fold the hearts over as you tat them and put them on a pin so they can't twist. That is what I ended up doing. Then I held the outer row in place with long coiless safety pins until I was ready to join so everything was right way around. Worked much better.

Lovely doily when it is finished. I am glad it was in 30 not 80 this time!

Thank you Land Of Lace for such a beautiful pattern and being so generous as to share it with us all.


























The pattern is from the Land of Laces blog http://dorartthea.blogspot.com.au/


Comments

  1. Oh is that stunning!!!! Awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LandOfLaces has left a new comment on your post "Land of Laces Hearts":

    Wow! So many RED hearts! :-) Beautiful!
    6 hearts in center, not 5 - and everything look OK - You are great!

    Publish
    Delete
    Mark as spam

    Moderate comments for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally deleted this comment but thought I had better reinstate it.
      I am so grateful for your comment Land of Laces. It gives me another chance to say thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us all.
      I am pleased you like it and that you are ok with my change.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deceptive patterns

Motif 8??