The Amazing Trip - Part One - Palmetto Tat Days Toccoa, Georgia

Oh My Goodness!! 
What a totally and utterly BRILLIANT tatting event!!!!!!


Firstly. A HUGE thank you and hugs to those who made this trip possible. Without your support and guidance I would have not had such a great trip.

Palmetto Tat Days committee. Thank you for scholarshipping me to attend the event.

Lisa Greenlee- Adams and Kaye Brown-Judt - thanks for hosting me and letting me travel across with you to Toccoa. Michael - thanks for the laughs and all the work you did to help get the shop there and set up.

All the wonderful people I met at the event. Some I have been in contact with online for so many years - it was lovely to finally meet you face to face!

So.....on with the photos!!


Good morning USA!



Early birthday cake from Lisa to share with visiting tatters to Tatting Corner. YUMMO!



Slipped in a packet of TimTams....just to get the locals addicted!




These guys thought I was an odd duck taking photos of a school bus until they found out where I was from! Explained ours do not look like this so they made the picture memorable for me!



Finally got to see what Kudzu is.... yes Palmetto Guild.....NOW I get it!  I wish tatting would spread like Kudzu.



First hint we might be going to see other tatters..... Donna Pagano Denny's vehicle!



I am really here!!!



A present from Jane Eborall. Pictures do not do it justice. Just beautiful!!



The lounge on the 4th floor of the Georgia Baptist Convention centre. A lovely relaxing tat space


Our room. Got to share with Sharon Fawns and Di Creedon. Luv these ladies!



Downstairs foyer. The place to be when not in classes!

 

Other side of the foyer downstairs 



Lisa Greenlee Adams celebrating getting the books out


Tatting Corner store set up and ready for business. Way too much temptation!



My Conference shuttle and two stray Rita Richmond shuttles that just HAD to come home with me...



The Venue....Stunning place! A morning walk showed it's beauty and serenity.
















Mac Barnes and the gorgeous plate he made for the auction. A beautiful piece of art.


Theresa Orren and Sandra Eichelberger hamming up it while preparing for a class.




Tamie Montgomery showed us her beautiful tatting journal. It was a definite work of art.




A gift from Sue Hanson.



Rita Richmond (ShuttleByDesign) and Jane Eborall (finally....in person after all these years...not an imitation!)



Linda Slater Barnes and Mac Barnes. Linda wearing her red tatted cap.


Diane Deiker made the fantastic table centrepieces. One of them is sitting on my desk!





I was so lucky to have won this in the auction. Decorated by Rita Richmond. A true treasure for my collection



This one is not mine.....but I can still drool over it. Rita sent this back for Maureen Lawrence. And YES it did go in the parcel to her when I got back!!



However these two get to stay with me! A lovely handmade 40yo Russian shuttle (partner to the gold painted one) and a handpainted shuttle by Rita Richmond. Thank you so much Rita. They are beautiful.



Two amazingly fun ladies! Donna Pagano Denny and Susan Fuller


We got fed....oh wow did we get fed!


And I found a way to make grits palatable to an Aussie.....


The cool kids table!


The other cool kids table!! I was so lucky to be able to move around and sit with so many good people.



The white elephant game saw some negotiating between Linda Slater Barnes and Sharon Fawns


A Tamie Montgomery tatting bag I won. Gorgeous bag!!


and it had goodies inside!!!



This bag I won in the silent auction.....After having lost my tatting bag on one of the planes, several people commented that I needed this!



The AMAZING Di Creedon. My roomie and a non-stop worker for the event. XX


My gifts from Di Creedon. XX


A Martha Ess cat. Gifted to me by Martha. So cute!


After so many years of chatting online. I finally got to hug the beautiful soul that is Linda Slater Barnes. XX


And then we left.....yes there were tears. I was having so much fun and the time seemed so short!

When we got back to Indianapolis, there was inventory to do. But once we finished there was a reward!!  Lisa took me to get a BRILLIANT hot dog and an ice cold root beer at a diner I thought was just the stuff of movies!



I am holding Lisa responsible for my longing for a Spanish hot dog and ice cold root beer.......


Saying bye to Lisa and her son Michael was hard. So much fun with these two. XX



The two people that got me safely to and from the Palmetto Tat Days and hosted me so well during my stay in Indiana. Kaye Brown-Judt and Lisa Greenlee Adams. Thank you ladies. It was hectic but so much fun. The laughs and memories from this trip will last forever.

Comments

  1. I always sneak down to the lake at the bottom of the hill while I'm there. So peaceful after the hustle and bustle of the rest of Tat Days. I LOVE going to Palmetto and was DELIGHTED to meet you after all these years of talking to each other via a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to finally meet up with you too Jane.
      Been a long time in the making!

      Delete
  2. Was SO glad to have met you at Tat Days! Isn't it a blast? I describe it as summer camp for ladies - so much fun!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. I really want to try and get back in the next couple of years. It is a pity it is so far away.

      Delete
  3. So enjoying your pictures. Now I can put faces to names I so often see. I thought Oregon is a long way away, but not at all compared to Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, You are the Jenni Clark who befriended me recently on fb !!! And to think I've been following your blog for some time now. 😍
    Great photos and interesting read about your visit in all these posts.
    I wonder the guild doesn't hold at least one open air session in the scenic environs 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh-oh....been outted!
      I have followed yours for ages too! Love your work and your great tips on tatting.

      I think most times it is too hot and humid to tat out there at that time of year.

      Certainly a beautiful spot.

      Delete
  5. My head is spinning right now! I didn't realize how many places you were going to visit, and I have been waiting for your 'report' from Palmetto. Well, here it is, and with more to read of your other destinations, including a trip to Niagara Falls! So glad the big hurricane did not affect Palmetto! It was quite worrisome!

    Thanks so much for this post - and ALL THE PHOTOS! it has to be difficult to return from such a long trip and sit down and write about it, complete with great photos! Wonderful seeing Jane! Love all those shuttles by Rita! I'm impressed with everything about this Conference Center.

    I look forward to reading the rest of your posts! I can only absorb so much at one time!

    Did I read correctly that your tatting bag was lost on one of the planes!?? Any chance of getting it back? I would have been frantic!

    So glad you made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy it was a whirlwind trip and definitely not long enough!
      I did get my bag back. Luckily the cleaners at Indianapolis were thorough and it got offloaded there rather than back in LA. The airline was fantastic when I rang them and the girl I talked to knew EXACTLY where it was. All it cost me was an explanation of the odd tools and lace that were in it! I didn't have it at palmetto but I had enough gear and bought more anyway (as you do) so I collected it when I flew out to Ginny's.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deceptive patterns

Motif 8??