Been a while.



Gosh is it really August since I last posted?
Ok catch up time.

I went to Denmark in September. A trip that I had planned and paid for quite a while ago and considering everything that happened recently I thought there was no point putting it off.

Thanks to Susanne I saw a lot of Denmark in a short period of time. Got to drive, go to a tat day with the Danish Tatting Association and spent some time with Inga Madsen and her family.

It was a good trip and I enjoyed it a lot. Susanne has photos up on her blog http://dantatter.blogspot.com/ with some good history of the places we went, so I won't post any others on here. (But you know I just WILL sooner or later....when I finally sort through the thousand or so that I took.....no...REALLY.....that many!!)




One of the places we stayed was a lovely little bed and breakfast in Skagen run by a lovely lady named Arla. She gifted me one of her paintings she had done so I tatted a small mat for her in the colors of Skagen. The houses there are mostly gorgeous little cottages that are painted yellow, with white picket fences and red tile roof. Such a quaint little town.

Other than this I have not done much tatting since I came back.


Pattern is by Eddica and found here:

http://handarbeitsforen.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=155308#post155308

Threads are yellow and white 40 Anchor.

Comments

  1. Fantastic mat - welcome back home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni,
    I have missed you girl! Glad to hear that you aren't putting off things that you want to do. Your mat is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back.
    Missed you.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is fantastic! Than you for the link.

    I am so very glad to see you back on your blog and tatting! I missed your gorgeous stitches very much as your posts have always been so inspirational.
    ♥ Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pattern. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like that mat very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see some of your tatting again. The doily really is looking great and will suit the "doll house" perfectly. Funny to realize you started this doily here in my living room.
    It was an awesome place we stayed at in Skagen, those small yellow houses looks so lovely, but do you remember the real estate agents window where we saw how expensive they are too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deceptive patterns

Motif 8??